Strap on a pair of our provided snowshoes to explore the dynamic scenery and sights of Mt. Rainier’s winter delight! Fill your day with new experiences and the magic of the Park’s quiet season.
May through October
Highlights of Your Day:
- Hike Mt. Rainier’s beautiful old-growth forest
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, and scenic vistas
- Hike through evergreen forests to view sensational glaciers
- Hike through wildflower-filled slopes in Paradise at 5,420′ (1,647m) elevation [typically from mid-July through early September]
- Have time to photograph wildlife, landscapes, wildflowers, fall colors and more
- Create memories that last a lifetime
Summer/Fall Tour Information
Plan for a full-day adventure as you discover Mount Rainier National Park with your personal guide! Experience the freedom of someone else doing the driving as you travel in our clean, comfortable touring van.
- Enjoy the personalization of a small tour. We are not a big bus tour company ~ we have the ability to design your day in the park for your absolute enjoyment.
- You will hike in old-growth forests, feel the mist of thundering waterfalls on your face, and look for pika, marmot, fox, deer, bear, and other wildlife. On this summer/fall tour of Mount Rainer National Park, you also learn about wildflowers and native trees, hear about the colorful people who pioneered the creation of the park, and of course, stand in awe at the sight of magnificent Mt. Rainier!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off in the South Puget Sound Area (Tacoma, Lakewood, Ashford, Elbe, etc.) and/or the SR512 Park and Ride. Professional, highly qualified tour guide with travel in a clean, comfortable van, hearty lunch, entrance fees, binoculars, spotting scope, and hiking poles.
What To Bring?
Bring a water bottle to refill, snacks, waterproof/windproof jacket, rain pants, camera with extra batteries, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Dress in layers to adjust to the possible changing weather and higher elevations. Wear sturdy walking or hiking shoes.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off
We pick you up at your hotel in Tacoma, DuPont, Lakewood, and other locations in the Southern Puget Sound. Staying at a lodge near the Nisqually Entrance (southwest corner, Ashford area)? We are happy to pick you up here as well! Staying in Seattle? Meet us at the SR512 Park and Ride located at 10617 S. Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA 98499. Parking is free!
Pick up times vary depending on your location and season. Our pick up times range from 7:30 to 9:30am. Tours are from 8-11 hours in length depending on season, weather, and traffic.
Staying in Seattle? Guests can easily connect with us! Please visit this page for more info
Throughout the day we take opportunities to explore the variety of environments offered in the park. Our hikes are paced for the beginner and can be modified according to the group’s abilities and interests. Hike in an old-growth forest, along a glacial stream, to a thundering waterfall, through mountain meadows and more!
- Weather/Mountain Conditions Watch
Mount Rainier is an environment where conditions can change suddenly and unexpectedly. Discover Nature reserves the right to alter tours and itineraries due to weather or road conditions. The day’s itinerary can be changed or cancelled during the trip to assure the safety of the clients and staff.