Highlights of Your Day:
- Enjoy having the knowledge of a local guide
- Hike trails with fewer people (as much as possible)
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, and scenic vistas
- Enjoy your own provided lunch in a beautiful setting
- Smell the evergreen forests as you hike to view sensational glaciers
- Hike through wildflower-filled slopes [typically from mid-July through early September]
- Have time to photograph wildlife, landscapes, wildflowers, fall colors and more
- Create memories that will last a lifetime
- Tours are for same household or folks traveling together
- Private Tour - 1 Person
- Private Tour - 2 - 5 people
Plan for a day of adventure as you discover Mount Rainier National Park with your personal guide! Experience the freedom of having your own private guide to offer you the most of the Park in the time you have.
- Enjoy the personalization of a private tour. We discuss your options and design your day in the park for your absolute enjoyment.
- Your day may include a hike in an old-growth forest, visits to thundering waterfalls, and observations of some of my favorite wildlife. On this summer/fall tour of Mount Rainer National Park, you also learn about wildflowers and native trees, hear about the colorful people who pioneered the creation of the park, and of course, stand in awe at the sight of magnificent Mt. Rainier!
Meet at the Trailhead
I happily offer small, private tours with 5 people or less. At this time, my tour is ideal for folks who choose to drive to the Park themselves. Unfortunately I chose to sell my tour van in 2020 due to the loss of business from the COVID-19 pandemic and cannot offer transportation at this time. As many folks discovered during the Pandemic, we all have to look at different ways of doing business. I have found that meeting folks in Mount Rainier National Park at a pre-determined trailhead is working really well. One big bonus is having your own vehicle to explore more of the Park when your tour is complete! No pressure to leave when all your senses are saying Stay!!!
Mount Rainier National Park is a large Park and we will have different options for meeting locations. Note that cell phone service is limited so communication ahead of your tour will be needed. I will provide directions and guidance as to where to meet the day before based on the hike you have selected. Prior to your tour, we will converse to create a basic plan and adjust it as the day arrives if necessary due to weather, park crowding, etc..
What is Included?
- Private, guided hiking tour
- A medically trained, professional, passionate wilderness guide
- Hiking poles (sanitized after every tour according to CDC guidelines)
- Extra water and snacks
- Special Mount Rainier National Park gift
What To Bring?
Bring your National Park Pass or purchase a day use pass when arriving at the Park entrance ($30 USD good for 7 days), bring a water bottle to refill, lunch/snacks, mask to wear when we are within six feet of each other, hand sanitizer, waterproof/windproof jacket, rain pants, hiking poles if you use them, camera with extra batteries, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Dress in layers to adjust to the possible changing weather and higher elevations. Wear sturdy walking or hiking shoes.
Mount Rainier is easily reached from many major cities and nearby local towns. Depending on where you are staying, your drive times to and from the Park will vary. Please plan for traffic, weather conditions, driving mountain roads and slower traveling vehicles. If we are meeting inside the Park, know that traffic can be heavy and delays may occur at the entrance areas. We will talk about this ahead of time. All this being said, I recommend giving yourself at least an extra 30 minutes in expected travel time. I will be doing the same.
During our hike, we will take opportunities to explore the variety of environments offered. Mount Rainier National Park has over 300 miles of hiking trails! The trails I am offering give a nice variety of ease or challenge, different terrains and opportunities for wildflowers, wildlife, contemplation, scenic vistas and more.
Mount Rainier is an environment where conditions can change suddenly and unexpectedly. Discover Nature reserves the right to alter tours and itineraries due to weather or road conditions. The day’s itinerary can be changed or cancelled during the trip to assure the safety of the clients and staff.