Strap on a pair of our provided snowshoes to explore the dynamic scenery and sights of Mt. Rainier’s winter delight!
May through October
Highlights of Your Day:
- Hike Mt. Rainier’s beautiful old-growth forest
- Visit waterfalls, rivers, and scenic vistas
- Hike through evergreen forests to view sensational glaciers
- Hike through wildflower-filled slopes in Paradise at 5,420′ (1,647m) elevation [typically from mid-July through early September]
- Create memories that last a lifetime
Summer/Fall Tour Information
Plan for a full-day adventure as you discover Mount Rainier National Park! We chauffeur you to the park in our clean, comfortable touring van. Experience the freedom of someone else doing the driving!
- Enjoy the personalization of a small tour. We are not a big bus tour company ~ we have the ability to design your day in the park for your absolute enjoyment.
- You will hike in old-growth forests, feel the mist of thundering waterfalls on your face, and look for pika, marmot, fox, deer, bear, and other wildlife. On this summer/fall tour of Mount Rainer National Park, you also learn about wildflowers and native trees, hear about the colorful people who pioneered the creation of the park, and of course, stand in awe at the sight of magnificent Mt. Rainier!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off in the South Puget Sound Area (Tacoma, Lakewood, etc.) and/or the Tacoma Dome Parking Garage. Professional, highly qualified tour guide with travel in a clean, comfortable van. Hearty lunch, entrance fees, binoculars, spotting scope, and hiking poles.
What To Bring?
Bring water, snacks, waterproof/windproof jacket, rain pants, camera with extra batteries, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Dress in layers to adjust to the possible changing weather and higher elevations. Wear sturdy walking or hiking shoes. Sturdy waterproof boots for snowshoes are highly recommended. Boots can be rented at Whittaker Mountaineering in Ashford, WA on the way to the Park.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off
Meet us at Tacoma Dome Parking Garage | 2433 E Street, Tacoma WA 98421 at 8:00am. Parking is free! We can also pick you up at your hotel in Tacoma, DuPont, Lakewood, and other locations in the Southern Puget Sound. Staying at a lodge near the Nisqually Entrance (southwest corner, Ashford area)? We are happy to pick you up here as well! Pick up times vary depending on your location and season. Our pick up times range from 7:30 to 9:30am. Tours are from 8-11 hours in length depending on season, weather, and traffic.
Throughout the day we take opportunities to explore the variety of environments offered in the park. Our hikes are paced for the beginner and can be modified according to the group’s abilities and interests. When necessary, we provide snowshoes, poles, and snow gaiters to travel across the terrain. Waterproof boots can be rented along the way at Whittaker Mountaineering in Ashford for $16.43/person for the day.
- Weather/Mountain Conditions Watch
Mount Rainier is an environment where conditions can change suddenly and unexpectedly. Discover Nature reserves the right to alter tours and itineraries due to weather or road conditions. The day’s itinerary can be changed or cancelled during the trip to assure the safety of the clients and staff.